The article is always updated, so press Ctrl + D to bookmark this page in your browser!
If you are looking for a unique and memorable experience in Hanoi, you should not miss the Temple of Literature Night Tour. This is a special opportunity to explore the ancient temple complex under the moonlight, learn about its history and culture, and enjoy some traditional music and art performances. In this blog post, we will share with you everything you need to know about the Temple of Literature Night Tour, including the price, itinerary, and tips to make the most of your visit.
About Temple of Literature Viet Nam
- Location: 58 Quoc Tu Giam Street, Dong Da District, Hanoi
The Temple of Literature is one of the most famous attractions in Hanoi. It was built in 1070 as a Confucian academy and later became the first university in Vietnam. The temple is dedicated to Confucius and his disciples, as well as the scholars and poets of Vietnam.
The temple complex consists of five courtyards, each with its own architectural features and symbolic meanings. The temple is also home to the “Well of Heavenly Clarity”, a large pond where the students used to relax, and the “Stele of Doctors”, a collection of 82 stone tablets that record the names and achievements of the graduates.
About Temple of Literature Night Tour
- Open days for night tour: Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday
- Opening hours: 19:00PM – 22:30PM
- 3D Mapping Show schedule: 20:00PM, 21:00PM, 22:00PM.
The tour starts at the main gate of the temple, where you will meet your guide and receive a lantern. You will then follow your guide through the five courtyards of the temple, each representing a different stage of education. You will see the stelae of doctors, which are stone tablets engraved with the names of scholars who passed the royal exams. You will also see the pavilion of constellations, where ceremonies and lectures were held, and the well of heavenly clarity, where students washed their hands before entering the library. You will learn about the history and significance of each site, as well as some interesting stories and anecdotes.
The highlight of the tour is 3D-mapping show with the theme Tinh Hoa Đạo Học (Essence of Education), which takes place in the last courtyard – Thái Học Halll. Using advanced projection techniques, the tour creates a 3D illusion of the temple’s walls, roofs, gates, statues, and gardens. You will see the temple transform before your eyes, as different scenes and stories from Vietnam’s past are projected onto the surfaces. You will also hear narration and music that accompany the visuals, creating a rich and immersive atmosphere.
In addition, the Temple of Literature night tour also has many other experiential activities such as:
- Audio Guide service available
- Q&A with turtle by AI technology
- Stone steles tell stories
- Learn with the teacher (Thầy Đồ)
- Practice as a scholar
- Writing calligraphy
- Virtual reality experience
How to book a Temple of Literature night tour?
- Hotline: (+84) 916999985
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Temple of Literature night tour is a perfect way to immerse yourself in the rich and fascinating culture of Vietnam. You will learn about the history, philosophy, and art of this remarkable place, while enjoying the beauty and tranquility of the night.
The Temple of Literature night tour costs 199,000 VND (about 8 USD) per person. This includes the entrance fee and the 3D mapping show. You can book the tour online via website: https://vanmieunighttour.com/ or at the temple’s entrance. The tour is suitable for all ages and is a great way to learn more about Vietnam’s history and culture while enjoying a spectacular show.
Tips for visiting Temple of Literature by night
Here are some tips to make your Temple of Literature night tour more enjoyable:
- Dress appropriately: The Temple of Literature is a sacred place, so you should dress respectfully. Avoid wearing shorts, skirts, or tank tops.
- Bring your camera or phone to take pictures of the temple at night. The lighting is very beautiful and creates a romantic atmosphere.
- Arrive early: The Temple of Literature night tour is very popular, so you should arrive at least 15 minutes before the start time to secure your spot. You can also explore the temple grounds before the tour begins.
- Be respectful of the temple and its rules. Do not touch or climb on any of the structures or statues. Do not make loud noises or disturb other visitors. Follow the instructions of your guide and staff.
- Enjoy the experience: The Temple of Literature night tour is a rare opportunity to see a different side of Hanoi’s culture and history. You should immerse yourself in the atmosphere and learn as much as you can from your guide and the performers.
How do get to Temple of Literature?
The Temple of Literature is located at 58 Quoc Tu Giam Street, Dong Da District, Hanoi. You can get there by bus, taxi or motorbike.
The nearest bus stop is Van Mieu – Quoc Tu Giam, which is served by bus routes 02, 23, 38 and 41. A taxi ride from the Old Quarter will cost around 50,000 VND (about 2 USD). If you prefer to ride a motorbike, you can rent one from many shops around the city for about 100,000 VND (about 4 USD) per day.
The Temple of Literature night tour is one of the best ways to experience Hanoi at night. It is a unique and unforgettable experience that you will not regret. Book your tour today and get ready for an amazing adventure!